Let’s face it. Chocolate can be hard to give up. But with a few tweaks to our recipes, we don’t have to give up our favorite treats. Cookies, cakes, pudding, brownies…they can all be made with healthy alternatives and still be delicious!
Try this vegan protein brownie recipe with a scoop of your Mother Earth Labs’ Organic Veggie Protein.
- 1 Scoop of Mother Earth Labs’ Organic Veggie Protein (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas (yellow because they are softer and easier to mix)
- 3 tbsp of vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- While oven is preheating, lightly coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and begin making the batter
- For the batter, mash the bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix until completely blended. Batter will be thick. Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan.
- Top with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Place pan on center rack of oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check center with a toothpick or fork to make sure batter is cooked through. If the toothpick doesn’t come out clean, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy a delicious protein-packed chocolate treat!