Mother Earth Labs’ whey protein comes from grass-fed Wisconsin happy cows on family farms. This provides one of the cleanest whey isolate proteins available on the market. It is enhanced with a unique enzyme blend designed to amplify your performance and recovery. The two delicious flavors – Creamy Vanilla and Rich Chocolate – blend smoothly in water or milk, for a delicious protein boost any time of day!
- Mix one scoop in 8 ounces of water or milk.
- Shake or blend to enjoy a creamy smooth taste.
- Try mixing it with a scoop of OrganiEarth for a delicious and nutritious meal replacement shake on-the-go!
- Superior digestive enzyme support. Proteins must be broken down to their building block amino acids so our bodies can build and repair all tissues and make hormones, enzymes, and many other things that support life-giving processes. Undigested proteins can cause digestive discomfort, gas, and extreme toxicity in the gut and throughout the body. Our protein provides a superior enzyme blend formulated to completely breakdown whey and veggie proteins within 10 minutes according to third-party tests.
- Non-GMO sunflower phospholipids are used to make and repair existing cellular mitochondria that can be damaged during normal ATP (energy) production increasing the overall energy output capacity of each cell. Phospholipids are also necessary for brain and nerve health and function.
- 24 grams per serving of pure, grass-fed, easily-digestible, rBGH-free, rBST-free and antibiotic-free protein to fuel performance and strength, jump-start muscle recovery, increase dietary protein, or fight afternoon snack attacks.
- Superior Enzymes quickly digest protein in 10 minutes – shown in third party study – which alleviates digestive discomfort, gas, and extreme toxicity in the GI tract and throughout the body caused by undigested proteins.
Absolutely! The vanilla flavoring mixes well with many flavors and adds a rich, creamy texture to smoothies, cookies, and more!
Protein is essential for building and maintaining lean muscle, especially as we age. The challenge with most protein powders is they lack the essential enzyme support to help with the breakdown of the protein into usable amino acids.
Benefits of Whey Protein
Protein. It’s a key macronutrient that is essential in complete health and wellness, but there can be some challenges in getting clean, quality proteins that are easy to digest. In fact, the majority of the protein consumed in the United States today is from commercially raised animals and are riddled with bad fats, antibiotics, and artificial growth steroids and hormones that negatively impact our health. In addition, even for those consuming grass-fed, organic, and pasture raised meats, our bodies may have difficulty digesting these proteins either to low enzyme production, low HCl (hydrochloric “stomach” acid), or impaired/damaged digestive tracts. This is why so many of us experience symptoms such as bloating, constipation, and acid reflux after consuming high-protein meals.
Proteins are made of individual amino acids that are used throughout our bodies. Amino acids are used for everything from the repair of damaged cells and tissues to hormone production.
Our bodies require large amounts of certain amino acids to maintain good health and overall bodily function. All amino acids fall into 1 of 3 categories: Essential, Nonessential, and Conditional.
Essential amino acids cannot be manufactured by the body and must be supplied through diet. A “complete” protein is one that supplies all essential amino acids however, these do not actually need to be consumed all in one meal. A common misunderstanding is that we need “complete proteins” – proteins that supply all essential amino acids – in our diets when in actuality, our bodies do not use whole proteins. Instead, they are broken down during the digestive process into individual amino acids. These amino acids are then reassembled into specific proteins as needed.
Nonessential amino acids, on the other hand, can be made by the body from Essential amino acids and Conditional amino acids are made only when needed – typically during times of illness and stress.
So, the question is, “How do we get enough amino acids if we are struggling to digest our proteins?”
With high-quality, protein specific digestive enzymes!
Our Replenish protein is made with 250 mg (87,500 HUT) of Prohydrolase® – a protease, endopeptidase, and exopeptidase protein digestive enzyme complex – per serving to ensure you are getting the most out of each and every scoop.
In fact, we’ve recently conducted a third-party study on both our whey and veggie powders to show how well the proteins are hydrolyzed (broken down into individual amino acids). The study compared one ounce of Replenish with Prohydrolase® and one ounce of Replenish without the enzymes as a control. In less than 10 minutes (the first measure point), almost 100% of the protein in the Prohydrolase® sample was hydrolyzed, while the control sample showed that even after 90 minutes (the last measure point), only a small amount of protein had been hydrolyzed.
The addition of enzymes to help digest protein in supplements definitely has its advantages, but not all enzyme groups are created equal. It is very important to have the right type and variety of enzymes included. At Mother Earth Labs we are always looking for the best of the best, so we chose this blend based on the variety and characteristics of proteins and their proven efficacy in hydrolyzing specific types of proteins.
Our enzyme group is not only effective in breaking down proteins, but also helps reduce gastric distress, digestive discomfort, and the occurrence of protein putrefaction within the gut. This comprehensive digestive enzyme complex includes:
- Amylase 3500 DU
- Protease 2 AP
- Invertase 400 SU
- Protease 21000 HUT
- Glucoamylase 5 AGU
- Diastase 1500 DP
- Protease 4000 PC
- Protease 50 SAPU
- LIpase 500 FIP
Our insistence on quality and performance doesn’t end with enzymes. Every ingredient in both our whey and veggie proteins were carefully chosen to provide maximum health benefits without harmful byproducts or questionable effects.
Our whey protein begins with a unique blend of whey isolate and concentrate from grass-fed cattle. It provides 24 grams of highly bioavailable protein that is so pure it’s virtually lactose free, carbohydrate free, fat free, and cholesterol free.
Whey proteins have a naturally quick absorption rate with high concentrations of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) that are used to fuel working muscles and stimulate protein synthesis.
Our veggie protein is made from a 100% all-natural protein and omega-3 veggie fusion of sacha inchi, pea protein isolate, artichoke, milled brown rice, and milled chia seeds that provide 22 grams of protein per serving.
Why this blend?
- Sacha Inchi Protein – An extremely digestible form of protein that supports the building and repair of muscle by providing all essential amino acids including the powerful BCAAs.
- Pea Protein Isolate – A non-GMO complete protein free from common allergens including gluten and lactose as well as cholesterol. It has a balanced amino acid profile and is low in fat and carbohydrates. It is naturally 98% digestible and bioavailable.
- Artichoke – A great source of protein with additional heart-healthy benefits.
- Brown Rice Protein – An allergen free, high-quality source of protein that is organically produced and is naturally low fat and low calorie.
- Milled Chia Seeds – As one of the healthiest foods on Earth, chia seeds are loaded with nutrients that have important benefits for the body and brain: Protein, antioxidants, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and more. Chia seeds are also helpful in managing heart health and blood sugar regulation.
Our veggie protein is also unmatched in flavor and it’s creamy smooth texture. No grittiness, no chalkiness, and no weirdness! (Especially when mixed with your favorite non-dairy milk!)
Both Whey and Veggie have vegetarian creatine added for additional energy and strength support as well as a complete sunflower phospholipid blend.
Phospholipids are essential in the production and maintenance of cellular membranes – the “skin” that surrounds each and every cell in our bodies. In particular, Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is fundamental to our existence. Our cellular membranes are much more than just a barrier to keep vital organelles from spilling out of cells. Mitochondria, cellular “power plants”, are also made of layers of these same membranes. The power that mitochondria produce is dependent on the integrity of these membranes.
Improving cellular health and energy also ensures that cells can continually repair themselves. Without this repair mechanism, the life of each cell would be continually threatened by the cumulative damage caused by exposure to alcohol, drugs (including pharmaceuticals), trans fats, toxins, and free radicals.
The process of self-repair and renewal can be hastened by Lipid Replacement Therapy (LRT) which utilizes phospholipids found in egg yolks, soybeans, sunflower seeds, and rapeseeds.
For further information about Lipid Replacement Therapy, please reference the following articles from the government Pubmed website:
- Lipid Replacement Therapy: a natural medicine approach to replacing damaged lipids in cellular membranes and organelles and restoring function.Nicolson GL1, Ash ME2.
- Lipid replacement therapy: a nutraceutical approach for reducing cancer-associated fatigue and the adverse effects of cancer therapy while restoring mitochondrial function. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 2010 Sep;29(3):543-52. doi: 10.1007/s10555-010-9245-0.
- Lipid replacement/antioxidant therapy as an adjunct supplement to reduce the adverse effects of cancer therapy and restore mitochondrial function.PatholOncol Res. 2005;11(3):139-44. Epub 2005 Sep 29
Phospholipids are also found surrounding nerves and brain tissue. Phosphatidylcholine makes up 70% of cell and mitochondria membranes and can be hydrolyzed into phosphatidic acid and choline. This is important because choline is needed to make the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and increasing this neurotransmitter in the brain is the goal of common pharmaceuticals used to treat Alzheimer’s disease.
An increase in protein intake is correlated with an increase in Glucagon – a hormone that helps with fat burning making protein one of the best fat-loss tools available. Further, protein suppresses the hunger hormone ghrelin and helps release the muscle building hormones like testosterone. This protects muscle tissue and helps increase stamina, strength, and libido.
Protein also helps boost the neurotransmitter serotonin that is involved in many vital functions including the regulation of mood and sleep – it’s no wonder it’s known as the “feel good” hormone! It does this by providing tryptophan, the essential amino acid that is the building block for serotonin.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or vegan struggling to get enough essential aminos each day, a professional athlete, or an individual battling any number of health conditions that require advanced protein supplementation, our Protein is THE product for you.